Master of Science FAQ
What degree will I receive?
The Master of Science in Quality Systems Management (MSQSM). Specializations are available in Homeland Security & Defense and Health Systems.
Is the National Graduate School of Quality Management a business school?
Yes. NGS is an accredited professional practice independent institution, duly authorized not-for-profit corporation, whose graduates achieve tangible results before graduation.
Suppose I don’t have a business background or business degree?
A business background is not necessary to succeed in this program. Our graduates come from diverse backgrounds: science, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, service, biomedical, accounting, DoD, USCG, etc.
Why choose a Master of Science versus an MBA?
MBA’s typically tilt towards finance whereas the Master of Science in Quality Systems Management provides general, contemporary knowledge for graduate flexibility through systems-based quality, team-based projects and practical applications.
Is The National Graduate School of Quality Management accredited?
Yes, NGS is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education. Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by the New England Association should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution.
Individuals may also contact:
Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
3 Burlington Woods #100
Burlington, MA 01803
Ph: 855 886 3272
How long will it take to complete the program?
Twelve months. Graduates say they appreciate being able to finish their degree in a workable timeframe.
What makes this program unique?
An emphasis on tangible, financial results in real time.
If I’m transferred or temporarily move, what happens?
If it’s a temporary move, faculty members work with you on independent study. If it’s permanent, we devise a tailored plan or will advise when the next cohort begins.
When do classes meet?
Onsite classes meet evenings or weekends to accommodate working adults. Online* programs delivered through the NGS Portal have set deadlines for assignment deliverables.
What are the admissions requirements?
To apply the following is required:
- Undergraduate degree and transcript from an accredited institution. The accreditation must be recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Association (CHEA);
- Substantive work or military experience (resume);
- Two letters of recommendation;
- Two three page essays in latest APA published edition format on topics of choice with at least two referenced sources supporting each essay;
- Access to and familiarity to computers (including the Internet);
- Intended degree specializations are required to be declared no later than the end of the second course;
- MA resident submission of Proof of Health Insurance and Proof of Immunizations;
- Affirm commitment to the academic honor pledge “In the pursuit of the highest standards or academic integrity and accomplishment, I pledge to be honest in all academic endeavors and to perform with the utmost level of academic integrity.
Contact Admissions even before you apply for personal attention.
Do I take the GMAT or ACT’s?
No. We value your experience and personal commitment.
Do I write a Master’s thesis?
No. Students complete an individual or team work-related/business project (MBP).
What are the requirements for graduation?
- Satisfactorily complete the program of study with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- No grade lower than a “C”
- Receive no more than 2 grades that are “C”
- Have a bachelor degree and be fully accepted
- Have successfully completed the Master’s Business Project
- All tuition and fees must be paid in full
*Not available in MA. Not available to Massachusetts residents.